Colorado Springs Attractions
Colorado Springs and the surrounding rugged mountains are packed full of fun activities that will please every nature-lover. Whether you want to relax under the stars at night and enjoy scenic beauty during the day, or pack your days with action-packed adventures that you will never forget, this spectacular region has everything that you could desire.
Here at Echo Canyon River Expeditions we are experts in more than whitewater rafting, and we love helping visitors craft their dream mountain vacations. If you are thinking about visiting the Pikes Peak region but aren’t sure where to start, this guide can help you to explore Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas and get an idea of what fun-filled experiences are awaiting your arrival.
Things to Do in Colorado Springs
There are countless hiking trails carving their way through the Pikes Peak region wilderness. In fact, some of the most famous trails in Colorado are here.
Garden of the Gods is home to breathtaking sandstone rock formations, where visitors can stroll along the well-maintained hiking trails. This is the perfect place for beginning hikers or those who are wanting something beautiful but not too challenging. You can even ride horseback through this serene habitat!
For those who are looking for a challenging experience that they can check off of their bucket list, try an overnight hike up Pikes Peak, the most well-known of the Colorado “14ers” (peaks that tower over 14,000 ft in elevation). At the top you can indulge in one of the famous Pikes Peak donuts at Pikes Peak Summit House, where you can eat a warm meal, enjoy a nice hot cup of joe or hot chocolate, and find the perfect trinket to bring home as a memory of your backpacking adventure!
Other Colorado Springs Tourist Attractions
- Cheyenne Mountain If you and your family are looking to spend some time exploring Colorado Springs, there are many well-love tourist attractions that you shouldn’t miss. Three of our favorites are:Zoo
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum
- Olympic Training Center
Restaurants and Shopping
Once you are done exploring the Colorado Springs area attractions, make your way to downtown Colorado Springs. This is the best spot for top-notch eateries and unique mom-and-pop storefronts.
Some of the most fun and delicious restaurants you will find include:
- The Rabbit Hole: This American-style eatery has a surprising entrance that is designed to imitate a subway-style entrance where you descend a staircase to find their restaurant below sidewalk level.
- The Burrowing Owl: A creative vegan and vegetarian menu awaits you at this creatively designed restaurant with an atmosphere that is both beautiful and comfortable. You will find carved wood and vintage signs, with dim lighting that makes you feel like you are in an old tavern.
- Alchemy: If you are looking for a pub that offers the best beers with the perfect bar food, Alchemy is the place to be. They offer corned beef egg rolls, beer cheese soup, and pretzels, among many other foods that pair perfectly with a good ol’ ale.
At the base of Pikes Peak you will find the quaint town of Manitou Springs. There is lots to do in this historic mountain town.
Visitors will find natural hot spring where you can bathe in revitalizing natural minerals, galleries filled with local art, and unique museums such as the Ghost Town Museum and Miramont Castle Museum. You can even visit the Manitou Cliff Dwellings, a group of relocated Native American dwellings built right into the red rock formations.
At the end of an active day, enjoy a stroll through downtown Manitou Springs. This stretch is lined with shops and restaurants where you can experience a bit of mountain culture.
Are You Ready to Plan Your Colorado Springs Vacation?
With so many things to do and places to experience in Colorado Springs, you may want some local guidance to make sure that you don’t miss out on anything during your mountain vacation. At Echo Canyon River Expeditions, we are experts at everything Colorado Springs.
We can help with suggestions on the best places to stay, eat, and explore when visiting the beautiful state of Colorado. We even offer river rafting packages that combine many of the most sought after attractions in our region, such as ziplining, camping, or a train ride through the Royal Gorge.
Send us a message or give us a call to help you plan the summer vacation you won’t soon forget!