At ECHO we are accustom to handling groups of all sizes catering specifically to the needs of your party. If you are a corporation seeking team building or a scout group looking to turn an exciting day of rafting into a day of valuable whitewater skills we can help.
Contact our office at 1-800-755-ECHO (3246) and we will send you a Group Planning Packet via Priority Mail along with a complete quote on the Colorado rafting trip you are interested in. For large groups we can arrange custom departure times, catered meals on the banks of the river at our private landing or back at our 8 Mile Bar & Grill as well as other special services needed to provide your guests with a true five-star river experience. We are able to extend account status to your guests enabling them to acquire any combination of wet suit rentals, retail merchandise, photos or whatever you wish to make available to them while in our care.
Through the years we have accommodated a variety of groups including:
- Hewlett Packard
- Apple Computer
- General Electric
- The Young Presidents Organization
- DOT foods
- Tiffany and Bosco
- Hillwood Investments
Available discounts apply to groups of 12 or more and depend on the number of people, trip requested, and the rafting trip date preferred. Although all of the whitewater rafting trips we offer are available, we suggest you contact us so we can best accommodate all the dynamics of your party.
When selecting the date and time of your whitewater river rafting trip try to meet the needs of the majority. It is important to poll your group regarding what type of rafting experience is best. Do they want a full-day, half-day or overnight river rafting trip? Will there be children on this Colorado river trip? What type of whitewater do they want to experience? If everyone does not agree, it is possible to split the group and run two or more different trips to accommodate varying interests and skill levels. For example, beginners can run the Bighorn Sheep Canyon full day family rafting trip at 9:30 a.m. while the more adventurous crowd can go on the full day Royal Gorge adventure class whitewater trip, which departs at 10:00 a.m. Both of these trips return to our office at approximately the same time. Also keep in mind that we offer the Raft-n-Rail, a unique experience that combines a Royal Gorge railroad train ride and rafting trip. This exclusive package works with people of all ages and abilities including those who may not want to raft.
Once you have made your decision, call 1-800-755-ECHO(3246) to reserve space. We will reserve your trip on a tentative basis for 10 days (with enough planning time and space permitting), which gives the group leader enough time to collect and provide us with a deposit.
A 50% deposit is required to guarantee the reservation. We will then email aReservation Confirmation upon receipt of your deposit. Confirmed numbers and the total balance is due 30 days prior to the trip departure date.
Group Leader Hint: It is easier to collect the entire amount up front and avoid going through the collection process twice. This also saves you the time and frustration of the person who is non-committal.
Let everyone know when their deposit and final balance needs to be submitted to you so they can budget accordingly. You will need to explain our cancelation policy to everyone. The group cancelation policy is as follows:
Refunds (less a $15 per person per day reservation fee) will be made on any reservation if canceled at least 30 days before departure date. Reservations canceled less than 30 days before departure are not subject to a refund. All trips depart as scheduled regardless of weather conditions.
The following information can be downloaded and/or printed from our site. Please click on the form below to view the appropriate document.
- Assumption of Risk, Release of Liability and Indemnification Agreement Form*** (PDF file) files/MultiDayPackList.pdf
- Travel Directions to Echo Canyon River Expeditions in Cañon City, CO
- Overnight Guest Checklist (multi-day trips only) (PDF file)
***NOTE: All guests must complete the Assumption of Risk, Release of Liability and Indemnification Agreement form. This saves a great deal of time at check-in if all forms are completed properly and signed before arrival. A parent or legal guardian's signature is required for children under 18 years of age.
We will do everything we can to accommodate any last minute additional guests. However, many of the more popular dates are booked weeks in advance. You may wish to start a waiting list in case you have any last minute cancelations.
We offer a full spectrum of features to customize your trip:
- We are happy to provide catered meals either before or after your trip.
- We have partners who work with us in providing ATV tours, horseback riding, hot-air balloon rides, jeep tours, rock climbing, etc.
Please let us know what would make your trip special and we will make provisions to provide the necessary service.
We are happy to assist you in transportation arrangements from almost anywhere in Colorado. Keep in mind this feature becomes cost effective when you have at least fifteen people. We can accommodate up to several hundred.
Help is only a phone call away! Our trip planning staff will answer your questions and assist you in solving any problems you may encounter. Please review our "Questions and Answers" section for additional information.
Call 1-800-755-ECHO(3246) 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. seven days a week during our season (April through September), and 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday during the off-season.
At ECHO we consider it a privilege to be your preferred rafting company and will make every effort to provide the best service possible. We look forward to seeing you on the river soon!
- Professionally guided trip (approximately 10 miles for half-day; 20 miles for full-day), includes your choice of paddle-participation (team building) or an oar rigged (hold on and enjoy) seven-passenger self-bailing raft.
- Expert, professional and dedicated river guides committed to safety.
- All tour buses personally greeted by a member of our staff upon arrival.
- Complete river safety orientation prior to each trip departure.
- All ECHO equipment is top of the line and rigorously maintained.
- Two-way radios for emergency support (vehicle and hand-held).
- Transportation to and from the river in professionally maintained buses (primarily turbo diesel); mechanic on staff.
- Knowledgeable, efficient office support staff to help with any customized details.
- Men's and women's changing rooms available for use.
- Delicious riverside steak lunch provided on all full-day trips.
- As a customer service option for your convenience, you may add approximately $5.00 per person gratuity for half-day trips and $7.00 per person for full-day trips. Total gratuity will be distributed to all service staff members.
- Digital photos are available at the end of your trip. We also offer a pre-sell option at a reduced rate for large groups.
- Hot lunch or dinner options are available upon request.
- Full service gift shop on the premises: T-shirts, hats, sunglasses, river sandals, souvenirs, eyeglass retainer straps, snacks, beverages, and more!
For the safety of the entire group, we ask that you help them select the appropriate trip based upon each individual's physical condition, paddling experience and overall group needs. Please review our "Questions & Answers" literature to be familiar with the list of medical conditions that would prevent a guest from participation. All participants must sign our Acknowledgement of Risks and Release form. Please note that all participants under the age of 18 will need to have their parent or legal guardian sign the waiver as well in the section marked parent's or guardians additional indemnification. Please make copies of the release form for each member of your group.
Please call our office at 1-800-755-ECHO(3246) with the EXACT number of guests on each bus at time of departure. This helps us to be totally prepared and ready for your group. If you show up with more, or fewer guests, it will slow us down.